Identify future potentials
It is possible that a simple description of the future within a forecast is not sufficient. Changes in the form of trends have to be identified and to be included into decision.
A one to two day trend workshop can be flexible organised. By using the trend flower method it is possible to identify new ideas concerning handling the future. The method is based on four steps:
- Trend identification (step 1): At first brainstorming identifies possible trends.
- Trend clustering and evaluation (step 2): The identified trends will be clustered to avoid replication. In the following the trends are evaluated concerning their relevance for the client. Finally eight core trends will be defined and charted in the middle of a lotus blossom.
- Trend analysis (step 3): Based on the number of involved persons they can be divided into small-sized groups. Every group deals with one core trend and answers eight questions concerning level of knowledge, chances, risks and consequences.
- Trend aggregation (step 4): After the group result presentation a substantial compendium of central environment trends is available. The results are summarised and lead to precise measures, action fields and product ideas.
Where Trend-Workshops can be included:
- Compact regeneration of future knowledge.
- In addition to strategy scenarios if they have to be advanced in terms of vision finding or strategic direction.
- Future orientated direction within innovation management.
- If changing incentives shall be initiated with group dynamics.