Germany 2030 - a map of the future
The map of the future shows eight scenarios, each based on 33 key factors whose development options were expressed by two or more dimensions. The analysis of this complex network first identified two main axes, which can be explained on the basis of two core questions: Core question 1: What is Germany's attitude to change and its willingness to cooperate globally? Core question 2: What significance do sustainability and civic engagement have in Germany? Linking these two main axes four basic scenarios are resulting: (1) Acceleration on track, (2) New horizons, (3) Conscious decoupling and (4) Old borders.
The first two basic scenarios are each described in more detail by three (sub-) scenarios. This results in a total of eight scenarios for the future of Germany:
- Acceleration on track - unstoppable descent (scenario 1A)
- Acceleration on track - splitting despite economic success (scenario 1B)
- Acceleration on track - well-being prosperity (Scenario 1C)
- New Horizons - Room for Civil Society (Scenario 2A)
- New Horizons - Strength through Diversity (Scenario 2B)
- New Horizons - Renaissance of Politics (Scenario 2C)
- Conscious decoupling (scenario 3)
- Old borders (scenario 4)
These eight scenarios are "thinking tools", to which neither probabilities nor statements about their desirability are assigned. This is the only way to stimulate to follow new paths of thought.
Further information concerning the initiative D2030 you can find here.